Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Back pain is common, but your experience with it is entirely unique. If you're struggling with back pain or discomfort, our chiropractor at State Line Chiropractic in Overland Park, KS, can help you achieve improvements in your spinal health and overall quality of life.
Possible Causes of Back Pain and Related Symptoms
Most of us will have back pain at one point in our lives. But for some of us, our pain will be intense, prolonged, or recurring enough to impair our ability to work, stay active, and even take care of ourselves and loved ones. Back pain can present with additional symptoms like stiffness, pain, and sensory disturbances in an arm or leg, and secondary issues like impaired sleep, mood, and activity tolerance.
Common factors to look out for include activity level (which can include both sedentary lifestyles and highly active lifestyles with physically demanding jobs), advancing age, obesity, physical trauma, and repetitive bending, lifting, or twisting in the spine. These and other issues may increase the risk of conditions like:
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Degenerative disc disease (wear and tear of the discs over time)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of bony spaces in the spine)
- Spinal nerve compression syndromes, like sciatica and lumbar radiculopathy
- Vertebral joint subluxations
- Muscle strains and spinal ligament sprains
- Other health conditions like fibromyalgia, obesity, and scoliosis
It's not always clear what's causing a person's back pain. Some individuals have back pain that persists long after a back injury heals because of heightened sensitivity in the nervous system. Others may have bulging discs or narrowed joint spaces yet experience no pain whatsoever. This is why back pain treatment should focus on the individual as a whole, not just the affected area.
Seeing Our Chiropractor for Back Pain Treatment: What to Expect
Back pain is one of the most common reasons people see our Overland Park chiropractor. Our services are completely non-invasive and help restore spinal health by:
- Improving spinal alignment and minimizing pain signals through techniques like spinal adjustments and postural assessments
- Decreasing nerve irritation and improving range of motion, core stability, and core muscle endurance through techniques like corrective exercises and spinal decompression
- Accelerating tissue healing through techniques like acupuncture
At our clinic, you can expect a completely personalized treatment that will help you find lasting pain relief.
Visit Us for Natural Back Pain Relief
Call State Line Chiropractic at (913) 291-0156 to schedule your first appointment with our back pain chiropractor in Overland Park, Dr. Larry Holtfrerich.