Neck pain is one of the most devastating conditions to live with, and even a single day of upper back pain can make it almost impossible to complete daily activities. This includes activities such as working at your computer desk, playing with your children, even sitting and sleeping can all be difficult and painful when you have chronic and acute upper back pain.
Fortunately, we at State Line Chiropractic in Overland Park, KS, can help you find relief from upper back pain that lasts. We are here to help you find the best treatment options to alleviate your upper back pain, get to the root cause, and get natural chiropractic care that is effective. We can make a customized treatment plan for you to help you find relief from upper back pain and other physical ailments.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Upper back pain has a variety of causes which can be attributed to muscle pain and poor spinal health. Some of the most common causes of upper back pain include:
- Muscle tension in the neck : This can be due to stress, poor work ergonomics, and long hours spent in front of a desk or computer.
- Whiplash : This is a condition that occurs following a car accident due to the whipping motion of the neck, moving back and forth.
- Spinal misalignment : This is caused by scoliosis, a prior injury, or due to a physical deformities.
- Poor work ergonomics : This can include a chair that isn't appropriate set to your body's comfort levels.
- Herniated and bulging discs in the upper spine : This is uncommon but can occur.
All of these can lead to either acute or chronic upper back pain, and it can be difficult to treat this upper back pain effectively without professional help. That's why it can be a good idea to reach out to a chiropractor who can provide natural and effective treatment for your upper back pain.
How Does a Chiropractor Treat Upper back pain?
We can conduct a physical exam to determine the root cause of your upper back pain, whether that's due to a misalignment of the spine, injury, muscle inflammation and tension, or something else.
We can then create a customized treatment plan to help you find relief from your upper back pain. Treatment can include a different types of chiropractic care, which can help decrease muscle pain and inflammation.
Spinal adjustments and spinal decompression can also help improve posture and prevent upper back pain from reoccurring, in addition to getting rid of headaches and radiating pain.
Visit Us for More Information from Our Chiropractor about Whiplash
At State Line Chiropractic, we are here to offer help for our patients in Overland Park, KS. Call us at (913) 291-0156 to schedule your appointment and help get rid of upper back pain for good.